Thursday, September 20, 2012

A taste of Indonesia

Have you ever noticed that cool Indonesian inspired bistro
al-fresco dining place along Jalan Mat Salleh on your way to Tanjung Aru?
 
After passing by the place several times,
I decided to give it a try after my makeover job around the area recently.
 
Lo and behold, Bali Bali Gardens Restaurant!
View from the main road of Jalan Mat Salleh
The Balinese umbrellas at the entrance are absolutely attention grabbing.
Balinese stone sculpture around the premises.
 They even had this little mini stage area
which I thought would be awesome for intimate wedding ceremonies & dance shows!
Which reminded me of the time my dancers did a Balinese-inspired
dance performance for A'Sutra which I feel would fit just right in this typical setting.  
 
Going back to the story,
I decided to give this interesting place a try so
I really didn't know what the menu would be like.
A little introduction about the place.
They didn't have much of an extensive selection on their menu
so I asked the waiteress for suggestion and this is what I ate.
 
Ayam Bertutu RM16.00

The Ayam Bertutu is an authentic Balinese baked and grilled chicken served with rice,
traditional condiments and sambal. I wished they had Ayam Penyet in their menu though!
A little hot chai to melt down the fats!
One photo before hitting the road.
Overall, I'd give their food 3 Stars since personally I'm not a fan of spicy foods.
Portions were also rather small for the price you pay.
However you really have to commend them for their ambience and decor
which I'd give a perfect 5 Stars!
 
Interested peeps can head down & experience this fresh new place at the details below :
 
Bali Bali Gardens Restaurant
No. 145, Lorong Bunga Telur,
Jalan Mat Salleh, 88300 Kota Kinabalu,
Sabah, Malaysia.
Tel: 088-319933 Fax: 088-272101
Email: balibaligardens@gmail.com

Till next time you lovelies,
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment