Monday, November 9, 2009

Wedding of Arlene & Nicholas

~ 7th November 2009 ~
Arlene Andrew Bridal Makeover

Here was a makeover which I did for a recent wedding day in Putatan.
Arlene contacted me via Facebook and decided to engage me as her official MUA.
Here are her before & after shots :
Arlene's request was mainly on the styling department and insisted on having a diamond studded headband instead of the usual tiara. I have to say that I admire her taste in trying something more contemporary.
Anyhow, while I was doing her makeup, I realized that she bore a slight resemblance to Umie Aida ( a local Malaysian actor ) - Tell me what do u think?
This was her morning look for her wedding mass at Stella Maris Church.
With focus on glowing skin and a more formal up-do.

~ The Reception ~
A few hours later, she changed into the gorgeous burgundy red dress which reminded me of this year's Miss Vanezuela. Having said that, I drew my inspiration and created this elegant look to give her a more elegant edge.
A slight change was made to complement her second look. Eyeshadow intensity was added for that extra lift and to complete the transformation, a dramatic & rich plum color for her lips.
Her hair was then curled for that volumed and wavy effect.
I then added my personal touch - sort of my personal signature to my creation :
Jeweled Hair Decors which I came up with, after doing some beadwork for my mom's gown.
Its a simple yet darling way to decorate your hair instead of the normal applique.
All accessories seen in this post are provided by my makeover studio at a reasonable rate, in addition to my basic makeover services. All designs are limited and handmade one-of-a-kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment